Advanced Clinical Weight Management
When it comes to losing weight, everyone is an expert… or so it seems.
But with more than 1.4 billion overweight or obese people in the world it’s clear that more options and opinions do not lead to better results.
And with $120 billion dollars spent worldwide every year on weight loss products and services, you could be forgiven for thinking that the only thing getting thinner is your wallet.
Advanced Clinical Weight Management, unlike wonder pills, obsessive diets or reality TV programs, is designed and implemented specifically for your body’s needs and is only offered by highly trained natural health care professionals such as myself.
By undergoing a detailed case history and comprehensive testing, we can provide you with dietary advice and nutritional supplementation to support you in achieving lasting health and wellbeing.
And whilst it might take some time and effort, by working with a program specific to your needs, you can finally get off the treadmill and onto the more interesting things in life.
The Weight Management Screening Profile available at the clinic allows me to uncover the many complex and individual factors that can contribute to your weight management issues.
Factors addressed at the clinic include:
– inefficient oxidation of fatty acids
– insulin resistance
– metabolic blocks in energy production
– thyroid function
– hormonal imbalances
– nutritional deficiencies
– impaired detoxification
– neurotransmitter imbalances
With this solid scientific approach we can achieve the effective and long lasting results you deserve.
Did you know most lean adults have enough energy stored in fat cells to complete 25 marathons? If you don’t take action your excess weight could be the precursor of cardiovascular disease – the leading cause of death in the developed world. So let’s get this abundant energy reserve working for you.
A good weight loss regime will ensure that you have all the macro and micro nutrients you need for good health ensuring; you maintain good blood sugar levels, you cleanse and detoxify, support the repair and balance of your intestinal health, all so that you feel energised and revitalised.
The main focus of the weight management system is on adjusting the proteins, carbohydrates and fats in the diet so that the body switches to burning fat for energy. Through support and monitoring your diet, habits are learnt throughout the program so that individuals can maintain their goal weight.
Jason and Ally help you with a healthy long term plan that offers much more than weight reduction.
A state of the art body composition monitor is used to track your progress and motivate you as that fat burns away.
Your metabolic rate and age is assesed and if need be remedies prescribed.
Specific brain neurotransmitter imbalances are assessed as deficiencies can lead to over eating and sweet cravings.
Dietary tips and remedies are given to enhance thermogenisis.
Address specific urges and cravings and the real emotional drivers that trigger compulsive overeating such as; fear of feeling deprived, feeling protected by weight, fears of intimacy,feeling comfort from food, guilt from over eating…
Weight loss regimes are tailoured to suit your individual biochemical needs.
Pathology Testing & the Weight Management Screening Profile
Our new Weight Management Screening Profile can be tailored to your individual requirements. By using one 24-hour urine sample, the profile measures the metabolites in the urine that can indicate fat metabolism and energy production issues. Additional markers can be added to the profile to reveal any hormonal contributors to the problem.
Fatty acid metabolites
Do you have blocks that inhibit you from burning fat? High levels of the following fatty acid metabolites in the urine may indicate inefficient oxidation of fatty acids, and may also indicate deficiencies of nutrients required for fatty acid oxidation:
Beta-hydroxy-beta methylglutaric acid
Energy Production Cycle markers
Do you have blocks that cause low energy? High levels of the following Energy Production markers in the urine can indicate metabolic blocks in the Energy Cycle (citric acid cycle), and highlight inefficient energy production and your specific nutrient deficiencies:
To test all of the above fatty acid and energy production cycle metabolites is only $140. Why? Because burning fat and having the energy to exercise are at the core of any succesful weight managemnt program. By having these biochemical pathways working correctly you have the foundations for a healthier, slimmer you!
Thyroid hormones T3 and T4, cortisol, DHEA, oestrone (E1), oestradiol (E2), progesterone, testosterone, and androstenedione.
Salivary Hormone Profile
Alternatively, you may choose to use salivary hormone testing. Up to eight different hormones (oestradiol (E2),oestrone (E1), oestriol (E3), progesterone, testosterone, DHEAS, Cortisol, Melatonin) can be measured from small salivary samples taken at multiple intervals throughout a 24-hour period
MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase)
Did you know that nearly half of the population could have a gene variation which could be affecting their weight?
As reported on television program Today Tonight, this can be implicated in making it difficult to lose weight.
This gene variation is called the MTHFR gene polymorphism and it means that your body cant effectively convert normal folic acid into an active form that the body can use called folinic acid. This gene polymorphism can cause your body to store fat instead of burning it off and can also be implicated in depression, PMS, diabetes and heart disease.
Your Body Composition
The HealthQuest Segmental Bio Impedance Analysis Body Composition Monitor helps you:
- Gain greater understanding of your inner health and body composition.
- Allows you to set targets for your desired physique and then allows you to monitor your progress
- Helps motivate you towards achieving better results
- Allows you to fine tune your dietary and fitness program
- Helps to evaluate the effect of diet on your body
- Monitor your body’s overall and segmental percentage of body fat and visceral fat
- Monitor your overall and segmental muscle mass
The HealthQuest BIA System provides vital in depth information about your body:
- Body Fat % Do you have too much or not enough fat?
- Segmental Body Fat % Measurement of each arm, each leg and trunk area designed just where you are carrying your fat. It allows you to look below the skin and see what is really happening underneath. It is also useful for anyone who is monitoring the balance of left and right side of body or trying to build or rehabilitate a particular part of their body.
- Visceral Fat Rating Visceral fat surrounds the internal organs in the stomach/trunk area of your body. Ensuring you have low and healthy levels of visceral fat has been shown to reduce the risk of certain diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure and helps prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes. Monitoring your results can help you adjust your lifestyle to stay in the low risk range
- Total Body Water % Are you drinking enough water? (almost all people who live to a hundred report drinking a lot of water). The higher your fat to muscle ratio, the lower your total body water %. – more fat less hydration.
- Bone Mass Indicates the total weight of bone minerals in the body. If the bone mass reading is indicating a low value, it is a good idea to refer the client to have a bone scan done to check on the risk of osteoporosis.
- The development of muscle tissue has been shown to encourage stronger, healthier bones. It is important to develop and maintain healthy bones through plenty of exercise along with a range of bone building nutrients, including vitamin D3, vitamin K2 and vitamin A
- Basal Metabolic Rate Indicates the number of calories your body burns when at rest. Unlike other methods of calculating basal metabolic rate, the Tanita Innerscan takes the amount of muscle in your body into account, giving a more accurate picture of your dietary requirements. Your basal metabolic rate will tend to decrease as you get older – you can help prevent this through a regular routine of cardiovascular exercise, moderate weight training exercise and increased activity.
- Metabolism Age Your basal metabolic rate starts to decrease after the age of 17 and the metabolic age rating indicates what age level your body is currently rated at. Aim to keep young!
- Muscle Mass Calculates the weight of muscle in your body. Do you have too much or not enough muscle?
- Segmental Muscle Mass measurement of each arm, each leg and trunk area is designed to allow you to see how much muscle you have and exactly where it is distributed. Especially useful for anyone who is monitoring the balance of left and right side of body or trying to build or rehabilitate a particular part of one’s body
- Physique Rating shows and examines your overall physique or body shape and examines the balance between the amounts of body fat and muscle in your body.
- Athlete Mode is for people who do more than 10 hours a week intense exercise and who have a resting heart rate of under 60 beats per minute.
The current model’s Bio-Impedance measuring system and the inbuilt computer’s calculation program is based on the result of over 50,000 client tests conducted in centre’s throughout Japan.
Its accuracy is unsurpassed by any other currently available system. Our system is highly accurate – it is the only system on the market that has been independently tested in comparison to DEXA (dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry) which is generally considered the gold standard due to its reliability and precision.
The BIA monitor was found to be within 2% of DEXA* readings.
Books for Weight Management
Two fantastic common sense books we recommend for weightloss ‘Slim for Life’ and ‘Slim for Life for Children’ by Miriam Orwin. Order Now
AUD $24.95 Order Now
Today many children are overweight or obese.
Numerous youth also endure poor concentration, asthma, allergies, and other health concerns. These issues reduce each child’s quality of life, and their ability to achieve their individual potential.
The goal of this book is not only sustainable – healthy weight loss for children, but improved well-being and a better future for all.
Slim for Life for Children is the only weight management program suitable for the whole family. It encourages healthy eating of a specific quality of food/drink. This book gives you the tools to provide abundant delicious blood sugar balancing food for the whole family. By living this they will achieve sustainable weight loss, weight gain prevention and better health.
AUD $29.95 Order Now
Slim for Life is not only about slimming for life but also about better health. Based on international and scientific research, Slim for Life links the glycaemic content of our modern diet with body weight.
Author, Miriam Orwin begins by examining the evolution of modern eating habits and its link to weight and health issues. She then discusses each meal and snack break within the context of the Slim for Life regime, Miriam suggests an “Action Plan” that includes easy to prepare recipes, most of which are gluten free; food glycaemia tables and a 7-day menu planner. The last two are also in a format of a ‘carry-it-anywhere’ pocket GI counter.
Up to 15% off the IsoWhey Retail range!
Isowhey Complete French Vanilla or Double Chocolate 640 gm or 1.2kg
Please click here to visit our online store for Pharmafoods Iso-Whey Products
Discounted Practitioner Only Product only avialable with consultation
If you are an existing customer please contact me for my Patient Order System
Great products to assist with with weight management such as Thermolight and Folinic Acid
(Folinic acid is a metabolically active form of folic acid, and is able to be utilized by people with MTHFR polymorphisms. By promoting healthy methylation and metabolism of oestrogens, folinic acid has the potential to be highly effective in supporting weight management for conditions associated with hormone imbalances).
Every effort has been made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate and current. The information herein is not designed to replace the expert and individual medical advice provided by your Health Care Provider.