The Smart GUT Microbiome analysis gives you access to leading edge DNA sequencing technology.
What is the Metagenomic analysis?
The bacteria present in your gut, mouth, skin and other sites in the body are often referred to collectively as the Microbiome or second genome.
Genomic technology now has the capacity to view this second genome by sequencing specific regions or variable regions in the bacterial genome. It is these variable regions that enable bacteria to be identified down to species level. Each bacterial species has a unique fingerprint. This means that the analysis is like a crime scene investigation. If the sequence is detected, then that bacteria is present in your gut.
Why are the bacteria in your gut important?
Bacteria perform essential functions such as digesting food and synthesizing vitamins. Recent studies have also linked the Microbiome to mood and behaviour via the gut-brain axis, as well as many gut disorders, weight gain and laminitis, eczema, ulcers and diarrhoea.
What will this analysis tell me?
The percentage of the types of bacteria in your gut.
- How the bacteria in your gut may be affecting overall health and wellbeing.
- If any known pathogenic bacteria are present.
- How your diet is affecting Microbiome.
- How you can change the landscape of your gut health using nutritional interventions.
If you are experiencing health issues Bacteria Diversity Profiling will assist you in understanding some of the causes.
smart DNA Genomic Wellness
Personalised Genomic Wellness is here now!
- Your practitioner will be able to design a specific nutritional program for you.
- It will enable specific preventative health strategies to be used for long term health.
- It will enable better weight management and understanding of your specific dietary needs.
- It will assess your genes involved in anti – oxidative defense.
- Inflammation has a key role in chronic diseases. Your inflammatory response will be evaluated to reduce your risk of various diseases.
- Find out how well your body detoxifies environmental toxins. Reduce your toxic burden.
- Understand your hormone metabolism pathway.
- Understand your stress responses. Learn to manage mental and environmental stress in your life.
- It will assess your genes involved in anti – ageing process.