Each 200ml bottle contains over 60 serves of Liposomal Vitamin C
Serving size: ½ teaspoon (1000 mg vitamin C). The Vitamin C concentration of LIPO C is 330mg Ascorbic Acid per ml.
Liposomes are the Best Delivery System for Vitamin C
Much of our biological chemistry is based around both water and fat solubility. Just as water and oil do not mix, there are challenges involved with bringing a water soluble nutrient into a fat soluble matrix such as cell membranes. This incompatibility leads to lower rates of nutrient uptake and utilization within the cells.
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin that doesn’t interact particularly efficiently with cell membrane walls. As cell walls are made up of fatty acids, estimates are that water soluble oral vitamin C intake has an approximate absorption rate of 20% into the bloodstream with the other 80% accumulating in the colon. Higher vitamin C dosage is also associated with unpleasant digestive complaints such as cramping and diarrhoea because it draws water into the colon.
What are Liposomes
Liposomes are tiny nano-size* fat soluble vehicles for carrying nutrients directly into the body’s cells. Dr Alec Banham, a haematologist at the Babraham Institute in Cambridge UK, discovered the liposomal technology. These are a double layer of fatty materials which is similar to the phospholipid bilayer of the cell membranes in our body. “Lipo” is Greek for fat while “soma” means body. (*A nanometre is one millionth of a millimetre.)
As the Liposomal vitamin C is packaged in a similar way to our body’s cells, it passes through the digestive barrier and delivers the nutrient directly into the bloodstream and then into our body’s cells. This results in a much higher absorption rate with over 90% of the liposomal C bathing the body’s cells in vitamin C. The liposomal vitamin C transport system has distinct advantages over Intravenous vitamin C which is an expensive but effective procedure that is done in some hospitals and alternative health clinics.
Nanometre particle size of the LIPO C is only 72 Nm. The particle size of liposomes in LIPO C is 30% smaller than the size of the liposomal C particles of next best competing product (100Nm). Not only is LIPO C is 40% lower in cost, as a bonus, it tastes better as well.
Excipients: Distilled Water, Lecithin (sunflower), Potassium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Vegetable Glycerine, Natural Orange Flavour, Herbal Active Preservative (100% Natural).
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Alcohol Free | GMO Free
Manufacture: LIPO C is made in Australia by an Australian company in a GMP & HACCP Certified Facility.
Directions for Use:
1) Shake well before use
2) Half teaspoon one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
This new Lipo-C formula is shelf stable at 25 degrees C until the used by date. We recommend refrigeration after opening.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is a system for ensuring that products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards. It is designed to minimize the risks involved in any pharmaceutical production that cannot be eliminated through testing the final product.
HACCP is a management system in which food safety is addressed through the analysis and control of biological, chemical, and physical hazards from raw material production, procurement and handling, to manufacturing, distribution and consumption of the finished product.
LIPO C is packaged in a pharmaceutical grade non-BPA bottle.
Vitamin C is one of the most widely recognized and used anti-oxidants in the world. This anti-oxidant plays a critical role in helping the immune system, joints and arteries heal and function properly. Liposomal vitamin C is a technological breakthrough in nutrient assimilation and offers incredible health benefits.
Much of our physiology is based on the movement of electrons from one compound to another. Unstable molecules that are missing an electron are called free radicals and they are catabolic to the body. These free radicals are formed in a cycle called oxidative stress that creates damage and instability in cells, tissues and organs in the body. Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant that acts to donate an electron to neutralize free radicals and restore peace and harmony to the body.
MADE IN AUSTRALIA
Developed for Naturopathic Care
5 Pipi St,
Point Lonsdale, VIC 3225